           From: barjam300@xxxxxxx
      2. hubcaps
           From: Ken Krull <kdkblk@xxxxxxxx>
      3. hubcaps reply
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: hubcaps
           From: Ken Krull <kdkblk@xxxxxxxx>
      5. front end rebuilding
           From: Raphael Brunet <Raphael.brunet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Hub cap??????
           From: "Johan" <JOHAN.300@xxxxxxxxxx>
      7. 300 wheel covers
           From: "Les Fairbanks" <lessue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. It Ain't Fair
           From: "Frank Bakanau" <FBAKANAU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. speaking of hubcaps
           From: Ben Meisner <meisnerinc@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 10:50:33 EDT
   From: barjam300@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 300 handling versus a certain 60s sports car?

Hi Aussie,
I've lived with Big Block (427 & 454 ci. in.) Corvettes all my adult life
&
have learned some of the problems that make them handle funny. I have
driven
them up to 140 MPH, mostly on race tracks, & never had problems with the
rear
end not tracking properly. Corvettes built between '63 & '82 had the same
basic
frame/suspension system and are prone to two common problems. First, age
deteriorates the rear trailing arm bushings. Second, in the colder
climates where
gobbs of salt are used on the roads, rust will weaken the frame at the
attaching point of the trailing arms. Both of there conditions will cause
the the rear
end to wander or "steer" from the rear.

A properly maintained & aligned rear suspension in a Corvette will produce

cornering results that exceed the capability of our trusty 300's.

300'ly yours,
Jim Bartuska

Message: 2