           From: "my69300" <tubman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Brake shoes for letter cars
           From: "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Ken Mack
           From: fastedgie@xxxxxxx
      4. electrical  ?? - reply
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 00:29:06 -0000
   From: "my69300" <tubman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: electrical  ??

I have a fuel gauge problem.
I posted a week or so ago with the same
problem.The gauge is stuck in the full spot
when the ignition is on.I have tried to
trace the wires down to try and find
a break in the wire   no luck.
So I was reading the service manual
and it said I need to use  C-3826
tester.
My question is what the heck is a
C-3826 tester??  And how do I get one?
HELP
Chris

Message: 2
   Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:53:00 -0400
   From: "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Brake shoes for letter cars

John,

There is a place in Columbus, OH that re-lined and arched the brakes
for my G.

Columbus Power Brake
185 E. 5th Ave
Columbus, OH 43201
614-297-7867

Ask for Vince. They did all 4 for me a couple of years ago. He also
told me he was happy to do UPS shipments. I have yet to drive the car
(beginning to wonder if I ever will), but I'm sure the brakes will be
fine (they worked great during the tow to the new house).

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

>>> <john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx> 08/22/03 04:04PM >>>
Hi group,
Got a bit of a shock when I went to Wakefield Brake/Stopping Products
(Wakefield, MA) today to drop off some brake shoes from my 57 for
relining/contouring, and found them to be closed as the owner had passed
away this summer.
Don Verity and I have been going there for some years now (myself
almost 20!), so I can't remember ever buying brake shoes for my 57 or 61
or my wifes 62.  I would bring my original shoes and drums to Wakefield
Brake, and they would reline them and contour them to the drums (no
garbage truck sounds) for a very reasonable price.
I then stopped at my friendly NAPA store and had my behind the counter
buddy spend about 1/2 an hour looking in old catalogs and making phone
calls, only to be told that the shoes were no longer available (even for
the 62!).
So, what to do- does anyone know of a brake place that will still
reline shoes?
Or, am I at the mercy of the big buck places in Hemmings?
I guess I was grapling with the concept of my getting older, but it
really hits home when friends and resources in the hobby that you've
come to rely on for years start to disappear.
Any suggestions appreciated.
John

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to

Message: 3