           From: "Johan" <JOHAN.300@xxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:25:07 +0100
   From: "Johan" <JOHAN.300@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Concours judging

Hello over there.

I think I have some cent's to add to this.
I have build cars for a major Swedish car factory for many years.
I don't do it anymore but I know how it works.
A 1000 point car has never been built in Sweden and not in any other
country for that matter from any manufacturer of cars worldwide.
We had a 1000 point system to check the cars when they were ready
to be delivered to the dealer.
100 points was maximum for one fault and that was never found on any car.
100 points is a major security like no brakes or something equally.
50 points was given for a brakelamp out of order, maybe 2 or 3 for my years.
10 and 1 points was for everything else like a clip not fasten or a trimpart
not lining exactly or maybe a small dent.
Everything that wasn't exactly like the blueprint gave points. Our goal at this
company was 870 points and we was able to be at almost 900 for a couple
of years and I can tell you, not even the Germans was close to that.
Many of the other companies was on 700 to 750.
Cars in our hobby can only get 1000 points is you restore the car to how it was
drawn on the design-department, not to how it was built.
It sure is nice to see a 1000 point car but I'm sure that I not the man to keep it
like a 1000 pointer for long...... The guys who have seen my car knows that I'm
telling the truth..........He-he

             Best regards....   Johan   ( 300-G Conv. )