[Chrysler300] New trailer experience

Hi All,
            with all the recent talk about trailers and towing I thought I'd
relay some information concerning a new trailer I just purchased.  Note that I
personally have not towed with it yet. I purchased a 20' steel floor open car
hauler from Terry's Trailers in Oklahoma City. The price out the door with
the second axle brake option was $1900

            My friend purchased a Dodge Charger in Maryland and needed a way
to transport it, extra parts and more back here to Arizona.  He picked up the
trailer for me on the way east and then proceeded to load a 3900lb car, plus
extra parts stuffed into the car and more parts loaded onto the trailer. Oh..
he also somehow happened to end up with a full sized sofa so that ended up on
the trailer in front of the car.

        The tow vehicle was a 98 Dodge Durango 4x4 with a 318, automatic and
3.54 rear axle ratio. He said the trailer towed fantastic although he never
exceeded 75 or 80mph on the interstates. He did bring along a weight
distributing hitch but never needed it because he said the trailer was long enough to
balance the car correctly and he encountered no sway. He did say that some of the
long uphill grades were a little difficult but nothing that dropping it out
of overdrive and down a gear didnt solve.

    My tow vehicle is a 98 Dakota, 318 and 5speed with 3.91 rear.  I'm sure
it's lighter than his Durango but hope it's adequate.  The trailer itself seems
well made and a bargain at the price.

Mike Laiserin

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used