[Chrysler300] Reno and Tahoe Altitude

Hi Guys,

       I live in Northern California and have a business in Sparks, which is
part of Reno. I go there, 225 miles one way, every other week or so. Altitude
is not much of a problem, you will not notice any loss of power until you get
into town and start to accelerate from a traffic light, that is when you will
notice it first. Interstate 80 goes directly through the town and you will,
most likely, not have stopped anywhere until into Reno itself.

       I have driven my '63 Dodge Polara there with a 318 engine and two
barrel carb with no real problems, pulling a 2.93 rear axle. I have had my '68 340
Formula S Barracuda there a number of times, my '70 Charger with a 383 four
barrel carb, my 1990 Ramcharger with a 360 injected motor there as well. I have
not had a problem with any of them running properly, running lean or rich.

       You will notice the altitude if you get to running around on foot,
otherwise you will, most likely, not notice it at all. I live at near sea level
at home and if I move about normally in Reno or Tahoe, it is not a factor.

       Have fun there, hoping to see you all next year.

       Quentin Smith

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used