Re: [Chrysler300] mopar tech. literature

Re: [Chrysler300] mopar tech. literature

Philippe:

This is certainly a treasure trove and it would be a shame to break it
up before each page was scanned.  It seems that technology is such that
a Club like ours could operate a website that accessed various manuals
and other literature.  Copyright rules would probably get in the way but
might be negotiated with Chrysler.

You or the Club could also scan the images to CD's and sell them to
defray costs and even make a Dollar or a Euro.

Just cataloging the literature would be valuable.

Thanks for your kind offer to share and MoPa'r to ya from

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300

Philippe Courant wrote:

>Hi all,
>Yesterday i receive 5 packages from a french guy who sold me some
>"chrysler archives" ... It was the archives of a french or swiss
>Chrysler "garage" in the '60s !!
>Oh guys !! What a shock !!! 28 inches high of mopar literature ...
>Perhaps 6 " of technical  and parts bulletins !!! Some of them in french
>!!! A lot of Mopar manuals i never saw on ebay ... I haven't still had
>the time to see all the stuff but most of them are from 62-66 era, the
>others for 36-40 and 46-49 (service bulletins !!! ) . Some literature
>has never been opened ! No catalogs after 69.
>I'll try to scan what i can and try also to help you. Note that i.e. '62
>catalog have also infos about earlier models (as 55-56- etc..). Ther's
>no ads literature, only technical manuals. I'll perhaps also sell some
>on ebay because i've 2 of the same issue of some.
>take a look at  pics and note that mopar catalogs lists also GM or Fors
>parts (pic 00002 from "automatic trans. hard parts catalog")
>http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad/imagfor/doc00001.jpg
>http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad/imagfor/doc00002.jpg
>http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad/imagfor/doc00003.jpg
>http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad/imagfor/doc00004.jpg