Re: [Chrysler300] High cost of car shows

Re: [Chrysler300] High cost of car shows

In 2002, the year I bought my 1962 300 Sport Convertible, I pre-registered
for the annual car show in Wildwood, N.J.  This seemed like a really cool
show because the cars were parked right on the boardwalk. The fee was
$40.00. The show was on a Saturday so we drove down Friday and stayed at a
friends shore house. We got up early to drive the 5 miles to the boardwalk.
We got our show packet and was told to just get in line to get to the
boardwalk. We did and the line was long and took forever to get there. We
actually passed the boardwalk entry point but we did not know it until our
next time around. There was no show staff to help anyone. I did see someone
at the barricade and they said that the boardwalk was full and to park in
the overflow lot. I said "Where's that"? They said "At the convention
center." Not knowing much about Wildwood, I asked "Where's that"? He gave me
directions and I proceeded to the overflow lot. This lot was for overflow
show cars and also for spectator's parking. Boy was I angry. It just ruined
my day. I went on the boardwalk for just a very short time. I just keep
thinking " I paid 40.00 to park in a parking lot." I was looking for someone
to complain to and I could not find one person who looked like they were
with the show committee. We went out and played around in the water for a
short while and then just left.

This show was put on by the New Jersey Hotrod Association. They do a
Wildwood boardwalk show in May and September.
When I got home I emailed them to file my complaint and they never replied
to my email. Now they send flyers to pre-register for their upcoming
boardwalk shows.
My gripe is if you only have room for 1500 cars DO NOT take the money for
2000 pre-registered cars.

That's my tale and sorry if I bored you.

Happy 300'ing
Charlie Valentine, PA
300G, 62 300 Sport Convert.