[Chrysler300] adjusting 300C front end- shims

[Chrysler300] adjusting 300C front end- shims

A while ago I asked what does one do to make 300Cs sit on road beter with
today's radials.

Thank you to those who advised of updated front suspension settings, by
adjusting the castor.

I finally have time to make this adjustment, but before I start, does anyone
know what removing which and how many shims that adjust this castor, equates
to what results?
ie does one usually remove 'all' the (usual factory number of) shims between
rear upper suspenion mount bracket and chassis rail, then adjust toe in, or
does one remove them from rear and then re-insert them in front, then adjust
toe in - or whatever known combination for a first try?!

Still having a ball driving my 300C, took Pontiac GTO collector friend (he
and his father have around 20 cars - real rare musclecar stuff, half 60-70s
mopar stuff) for run in it over weekend, he then taking me for run in his
455 re-powered 67 GTO - it didn't take 40-60 mph undulations as well as the
300, not that I told him that.

Hope all goes well over in US, our Federal Elections this weekend, although
neither likely to help re gas prices which now around/over $5.50 - $6.00 a
gal - ouch, although the 300 is great on fuel round town as it has heaps of
torque at low revs to still keep it ahead of modern buzz boxes.

aussie christopher

In the market for a car? Buy, sell or browse at CarPoint:
http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?cg=link&ci=ninemsn&tu=http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au?refid=hotmail_tagline

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used