Re: [Chrysler300] adjusting 300C front end- shims

Re: [Chrysler300] adjusting 300C front end- shims

Long story short, your question can't be answered until you align the front
end with a machine. On the machine, y9ou get the now settings and then can
adjust to what you are looking for.

Thwe shims are there to compensate for the slight variations in the
suspension components. After all the parts are put together, then you adjust
them to meet the standard/desired settings. These shims then adjust the
wheels to each other and them to the car so it behaves properly while
driving. Two of this shim and one of that shim won't make the difference you
want since you don't know where it's set now.

So motor on down to the alignment shop and tell him the specs you want it
adjusted to.

Ray
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near rural Mena, Western
Arkansas.
All Y'all come visit, Y'hear? We'll set onna porch and sip a few!

> From: "christopher beilby" <thelastbestgenius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:26:03 +1000
> To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Chrysler300] adjusting 300C front end- shims
>

> A while ago I asked what does one do to make 300Cs sit on road beter with
> today's radials.
>
> Thank you to those who advised of updated front suspension settings, by
> adjusting the castor.
>
> I finally have time to make this adjustment, but before I start, does anyone
> know what removing which and how many shims that adjust this castor, equates
> to what results?
> ie does one usually remove 'all' the (usual factory number of) shims between
> rear upper suspenion mount bracket and chassis rail, then adjust toe in, or
> does one remove them from rear and then re-insert them in front, then adjust
> toe in - or whatever known combination for a first try?!
>
> Still having a ball driving my 300C, took Pontiac GTO collector friend (he
> and his father have around 20 cars - real rare musclecar stuff, half 60-70s
> mopar stuff) for run in it over weekend, he then taking me for run in his
> 455 re-powered 67 GTO - it didn't take 40-60 mph undulations as well as the
> 300, not that I told him that.
>
> Hope all goes well over in US, our Federal Elections this weekend, although
> neither likely to help re gas prices which now around/over $5.50 - $6.00 a
> gal - ouch, although the 300 is great on fuel round town as it has heaps of
> torque at low revs to still keep it ahead of modern buzz boxes.
>
> aussie christopher

> In the market for a car? Buy, sell or browse at CarPoint:
> http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?cg=link&ci=ninemsn&tu=http://carpo
> int.ninemsn.com.au?refid=hotmail_tagline

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used