Re: [Chrysler300] Help!

FIRST, check the voltage AT thge batt posts. then at the batt cables. This
will tell you if the batt is dead and if the connection is OK. Keep in mind
that the starter is a big draw so check with someone trying to start it.
Then check ALL the cable connections that are easy. Trying to start after
each connection.
If all else fails, go to the firewall bulkhead connector. the big one where
lots of wires go thry the firewall. Often corroded.
Let us know, Ray
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near rural Mena, Western
Arkansas.
All Y'all come visit, Y'hear? We'll set onna porch and sip a few!

> From: "Michael Reed" <mrreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:59:21 -0000
> To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Chrysler300] Help!
>

> I have a problem similar to that Val Jeffers posted last Saturday.
> 300F won't start.
>
> Background: the 300 has been in a museum until a month ago. It
> started with no problems when I picked it up, and on the several
> occasions since when I've started it... except one. A couple of days
> after it was home it wouldn't start. Dead. Couldn't detect any sound
> whatsoever, from anything. The battery the museum had in it was old.
> I had already purchased a new one, so I installed it. The car
> started right up. First try.
>
> Current: I haven't started the car in over a week. When I tried to
> start it yesterday the same thing happened -- dead -- not a bit of
> sound from any of the starting components. Thinking something was
> draining it over time, I charged the battery. But.... still nothing.
> Not a whisper of sound.
>
> The car is scheduled for a complete new exhaust system Monday at a
> local business (exhaust pipes, etc. are full of holes). It is
> difficult to get an appointment locally (he's always overloaded with
> work) and I really DO want to get it there for the new exhaust on
> Monday, and before winter storage. I need to get it going to store
> it in a few weeks also.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be most welcome....
>
> Mike

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to
> Yahoo! Groups Links