Re: Re: [Chrysler300] Fw: Breaking news: Chrysler 300 named Motor Tren

Re: Re: [Chrysler300] Fw: Breaking news: Chrysler 300 named Motor Trend's Car of the Year

> I guess the Motor Trend criteria include significance, and if the 300 represents a turn around for traditional "domestic" manufacturers to build really durable, quality CARS that people worldwide would want, then it does seem to be a significant milestone.  For me though, in the long term, I think the new V6 Accord "mile hybrid" represents the future 10 years from now.  It captures braking energy, shuts the engine off at idle, uses a slim electric motor sandwiched between the engine and trans to help relaunch the vehicle, and has cylinder deactivation (like the Hemi C) to reduce fuel consumption.  Even though the Accord is a fairly large sedan, it has an EPA rating of 30 mpg in city driving.  It also has a total of about 260 HP as I recall, so it isn't slow at all (though not as quick as the Hemi C).  With world fuel demand going up rapidly, things are going to get tighter.
I didn't want to start anything too controversial, just a thought that Motor Trend had a tough call.  This board should probably be confined mostly to the older cars anyway, so don't get me in trouble by ranting on about this!
Steve Albu
> From: moparted <moparted_70@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2004/11/18 Thu PM 09:45:03 EST
> To: 300 club <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Fw:  Breaking news:  Chrysler 300 named Motor Trend's Car of the Year
>

> Good for Chrysler, but the current car has nothing in
> common with our cars.
>
> --- Wayne Graefen <wgraefen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Great news!  Motor Trend magazine today
> > named the Chrysler 300 as its Car of the Year
> >

> =====

> http://my.yahoo.com

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm