[Chrysler300] 300's-Now and Then

Wayne and all:

With all due respect to the server rules and the sensitivities of
long-time members, I feel the 2005 Chrysler 300 does share more than the
name, market segment and tradition of our beloved letter cars.  The
current publicity over the 2005 Chrysler 300's spins off of, reflects
well on and generates enthusiasm for the older cars.  That said, I see
no value in further discussion of any current four-door Chrysler "300's"
on this server as the only interchangeable parts with our letter cars
are the air, fuel, oil and transmission fluid.

Now if Chrysler sees fit to bring out a pillarless 2dr HT/convertible
and offers it with a choice of stick or automatic, slaps a red, white
and blue 300 emblem on the side,  adds a touch of retro styling, gives
it a bullseye grille, offers Goodyear BlueStreaks on wire wheels,
assigns it a consistent and understandable "letter",  and ships it
without outside rear view mirrors or backup lights we might have to
reconsider.  Current consumers should be offered an opportunity to
participate in and purchase a future legend.

Not to use dirty words, but the Corve**e and the Chrysler 300 are about
the same age and the Corve**e owners and drivers respect each other as
well as all of their Corve**es.  Thun***b**ds came out about the same
time, but really lost their identity several times--I'm not sure whether
T-B**d owners from 1955 to 2005 congregate together, but they sure don't
have much in common with the middle years.

We're all in this for more than transportation from Point A to Point B.
Let's accept the reflected glow from the new 300's and hope for models
more acceptable in style to the tradition of our letter cars.

Thanks for reading and MoPa'r to ya from

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA 94513
1955 C-300

moparted wrote:

>Good for Chrysler, but the current car has nothing in
>common with our cars.
>
>--- Wayne Graefen <wgraefen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Great news!  Motor Trend magazine today
>>named the Chrysler 300 as its Car of the Year

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used