From: <MRS954@xxxxxxx>
To: <moparted_70@xxxxxxxxx>; <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Fw: Breaking news: Chrysler 300 named Motor
Trend's Car o...

Yes it does have a few similarities.  The 2005 300 Hemi is a fast kick-ass
car just like my 300H.  It handles well and rides smoothly and quietly,
unlike
my 300H. By today's standards it is far above average, just like the
original
letter cars were by 1950's standards.  If Daimler-Chrysler were to offer a
car
for sale today that rides, handles, and looks like a C-300, I doubt they
would
be able to sell them.  I know they wouldn't get my money.  Most car buyers
today weren't even born when the C-300 was introduced and thus don't want or
care about fins, dual quads and those huge whitewalls.  These old 300's are
great
fun and a valuable part of Americana, but do I want to drive one 40 miles to
work each day and get 12 miles per gallon (not to mention no side door guard
beams or airbags)?  I think not.  I much prefer the smooth quiet ride and
fuel
economy of my Cirrus or even my Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I'll keep cruising
with
my 300H as long as I'm able, but for every day driving, I'll opt for a car
built by today's standards.
Everybody has an opinion about the new 300C and I can respect each one. For
me personally, I like the car and maybe some day I'll be able to put one in
my
garage.

Regards,
Mark Souders