[Chrysler300] Re: Breaking news...

Here's a view on the new 300s from a different perspective. To
explain "different perspective":
-- I've only owned one Chrysler product in my 51 years of driving --
my 300F
-- I've had a healthy respect for Chrysler products for most of
those 51 years
-- Other than the "F" I've never owned an American auto other than
GM products

The latter was greatly the result, I'm sure, of my intense
involvement in stock-class drag racing beginning in '57. If you
wanted to win in nearly any class you owned a Chevy or Pontiac.
After the drag racing years were over, the GM "habit" stuck.

That said, my comments on the new 300:
-- I think it has a stunning appearance - hairy-looking -
distinctive.
-- The grill design is great, but is just a bit too big. It does
seem somewhat out of proportion to the overall design -- (unlike the
massive grills of the letter 300s).

There is an aura that has surrounded the word "Hemi" for some 40+
years, the very mention of which seems to quicken the pulse of
Chrysler aficionados, raising their blood pressure, causing
uncontrollable drooling, etc. And I don't blame Chrysler one bit for
capitalizing on it. But? and said knowing my remark will be
controversial? my opinion is that it is just that?. an aura. I've
never found any evidence that hemispherical combustion chambers
added more than a few horses to an engine -- less than 5%, probably
much less. But the aura is there, and the word "Hemi" has sold a lot
of cars for Chrysler, and now will continue to do so.

In the meantime, I dearly love my wedge-head (and am not at all
saddened by its lack of a "Hemi"), and the car that encompasses it.

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used