Re: [Chrysler300] 61 300 heater Core

Hi all;
Another often overlooked leak is on the inlet and/or the outlet pipes.
Check carefully for leakage there and replace the hoses AFTER you know
they are absolutely not leaking. The hose/pipe connection has a nasty
habit of seeping and running along the bottom of the pipe and then
dripping off the core on the inside of the case. Fools the best of us.
Never tear anything apart until you are SURE what's wrong.

Good Luck, Ray

Ray Jones, Mena, AR in the Ouachita Mountains in western Arkansas
Y'all com'on down and we'll sit ona porch and sip a few.

On Dec 7, 2004, at 3:52 PM, Warren Anderson wrote:

> Russell and all:
>
> My recollection of stop leak products is that they do seal small leaks
> but also plug up heater cores, radiators and control valves.? The
> radiator shops love it as it tends to triple their business.? There may
> be better stuff now, but I doubt it.? There are very few easy fixes in
> this world.? This isn't one of them.? Stop leak is only appropriate for
> an emergency repair job when there are no better options with the
> realization that permanent repairs and system flushing should be done
> ASAP.
>
> Rich Barber
> Brentwood, CA
> 1955 Chrysler C-300
>
> We routinely use Bar's Leak Cooling System Supplement (J-120?) that
> does not
> unintentionally plug things up. We use AC Delco Cooling System Seal
> Tabs in
> 4100, 4500 and 4900 engined Cadillacs as it is a must use block sealer
> item
> specified by GM as otherwise the things will leak. I do not think that
> GM
> would? spec something that would plug up their cooling system parts
> and that
> has been our experience with the stuff for about 20 years now.
>
> Will it stop a leaking heater core? Hmmmm - - -Well, my opinion is as
> stated
> by Mr. Barber except if some additive is to be tried, what I have
> found to
> not cause additional damage are the above products. Note that it will
> make
> extended life Dex Cool turn a (harmless) brown color that can offend
> and
> concern some folks.
>
> AC Delco #10-108 (GM #12378255) seal tabs are:
>
> Ginger
> Almond shell
> Turmeric - CAS #458-37-7
> Sal soda
>
> MSDS disclosure from Bar's Leak shows same contents.
>
> I think you will find reference to such a home grown mixture of ginger
> root
> and friends mentioned in such automotive manuals as Dyke's published
> back in
> the '20s and that it will pop up in Ford 'T' literature also. It
> worked on
> the Model 'T' and it works for us on modern stuff also. Definately
> nothing
> high tech.
>
> Warren Anderson
> Sedona,AZ

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go
> tohttp://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
> <image.tiff>
>
> Get unlimited calls to
>
> U.S./Canada
> <image.tiff>
>
> <image.tiff>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> 	? 	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> [...]

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used