Re: [Chrysler300] Higher Octane fuel

I purchased my G in Pa. last summer and drove it home and later drove it
to the Chrysler Block Party just north of  Chicago.  Somewhere around
Ohio I found 97 octane at a station but it was still inadequate.  I used
several different brands of boosters according to directions but most
didn't help much.  (If you use them, put them in the tank before filling,
or they apparently sink to the bottom of the tank and get sucked in
first, causing horrible knocking.)  I began using twice the recommended
quantity and that seemed to help.  Of course, by then I had retarded the
timing also.  In Illinois I found a station that had racing fuel @
$4.25/Gal. but I could only put it in a gas can because "road taxes" were
not paid because of it being "Racing fuel".  To make sure it didn't go
directly into a car, the fill hose was so short it would only reach a
container sitting next to the pump.  (If the G had the filler on the side
I could have gotten it into the tank, if there weren't an attendant and
having to prepay.)  I filled my 5 gallon can and drove to a place where I
could get off the road and poured it into the tank.

I then began to look for small airports and discovered they had to be
really, really small, and it's best if no one is around, and of course
the pump is credit card capable.  Road taxes are not paid on AVGAS either
so you need to get it where no one cares about that.  So far the prices
have ranged between $2.27 to $3.75 per gallon.  That's my story and I am
sticking to it.

Minnesota Marshall

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used