Re: [Chrysler300] Higher Octane fuel

Well this opens a great thread, methinks!
Gas here in Western Arkansas Regular is $1.63.9, or at WalMart with
your card $1.60.9. In OK, about 50 miles away gas has recently been
$1.49.9 (I'm told).

As far as set ups go, the Distributor  is usually overlooked. Oh, you
might replace the points and cap/rotor, but that's the least of it.
Electronics ALWAYS beats points, both for servicing (none) and timing
(always dead on). And the proper set up can only be done with a good
Distributor machine. It's hard to find a shop that has one, let alone a
guy who is very good at using it and enjoys doing it. If anyone on the
list has access to one and the ability to use it, there's lots of money
t be made!

In my Hurst, we've used the Blue Turbo ( in Pittsburgh) several times,
and I had the car running while adding the fuel. You could literally
here the engine note change as the fuel got picked up! The tank had
about 1/4 fill each time and as I added 3-4 gal, it just smoothed out
and the Turbo mufflers just sounded much more lower and more mellow.
topped off  with high test and had a happy camper for 250 miles.

Ray Jones, Mena, AR in the Ouachita Mountains in western Arkansas
Y'all com'on down and we'll sit ona porch and sip a few.

On Jan 1, 2005, at 2:13 AM, Rich Barber wrote:

> Dan has provided some great insights into engine control and left coast
> fuel.? Modern engine controls that can adjust timing and air-fuel ratio
> based on the first ping enable getting the maximum amount of energy out
> of whatever kind of fuel is in the tank.? A highly skilled technician

I'm glad my 1955 C300 is not so fussy on fuel.? The other 90% of the
country might be interested to know current unleaded regular (87 octane)
price in the Bay area is $1.819 to $1.929/G.? High price and good
combustion quality do not necessarily go hand-in-hand, especially in
CA.? The good news we seem to have plenty of it.

Yahoo! Groups Links