Re: [Chrysler300] Gas Chemistry

It is easy to pass the buck to the Feds for MTBE.  Seems like Calyfornu has
Congressman and Senators(like Feinstein and Boxer) who were in on this
stupidity of pushing ahead on an unproven untested solution in order to do
something such as the Federal Oxygenate Requirement for gasoline..  Now this
fiasco has cost everyone a few billion dollars, we now will try ethanol.
And when it fails we will try something else, like the multi-billion dollar
electric car solution.  Oh yes, let us not forget Global Warming that will
cost more in dollars then all of these other "solutions" put together.  And
on a unproven science(it is still all theory no matter what some miscreants
will claim--such as the claim that George Bush is responsible for the
failure of the Moronic Kyoto Treaty--the US Senate voted like 99 to 1
against it and Clinton was against it--only tree-hugger Gore was fur it)
that has been promoted by another environmental constituency.  How much
longer can we afford the nonsense of these people.

Why were diesels excluded from smog laws to begin with.  Why do gas guzzler
cars pay a huge gas guzzler tax, but my neighbor in his Hummer or Expedition
pay nothing.  Some wag once said that "government is to important to be in
the hands of politicians".  This guy should be King.  How much does each of
these Pzev's cost?  Oh yes they cost no more.  The facts are that the
manufactures lose massive dollars on each one of them sold.  Someone pays
for this.  Perhaps in the price of the new car you buy that subsidizes these
other agendas?!

Public opinion still is massively populated by those who do not know that
the Earth revolves around the sun or even that the Earth is not flat.  Some
would call democracy the tyranny of the majority.  In many cases, I think
they are correct.

Steve much of what you say is correct, relevant and is of value. And much
progress has been made in reducing pollution from industries and vehicles.
But a moderate view would of accomplished 90 percent at perhaps 20 percent
of the costs. The extremist views is what I and others protest.  These views
cost billions of dollars to no good end.  Our roads are decaying, our
schools are failing, our health care does not protect all and we are
spending our resources on the agendas of organizations of extremist groups
such as the Sierra Club, Ralph Nader and others of their ilk.  I think that
we can do better.

Roger Schaaf
Exempt 300 B California