Re: [Chrysler300] Gas Chemistry & other unrelated issues

Re: [Chrysler300] Gas Chemistry & other unrelated issues

Sorry John, you're wrong, It does directly concern our cars, our hobby
and our lives.

The thread has evolved, but so has the restrictions placed on us and
our cars. The lively discussion shows that it's of interest to the
members, and we see what others have to put up with.

This directly effects how each of your states will look at things. Most
of the politicians don't have the time or the knowledge to determine
what is proper, and so, vote along with the myth. Cars are the problem!
This must stop! None ever checks  to see if the Air Quality has
changed, made worse by cars or if even the concepts are right.
It's much easier to adopt CA rules than to create rules which are
workable for a given area.
They can place heavy restrictions on older cars, since there aren't
many and thump their chests "Look at how we are protecting the public".

Keep looking over your shoulder, they are coming!

For the life of me, I can't understand the logic of  adding 10% corn
squeezings to a gal of gas, when it doesn't burn as well and will take
1.1 gals to go the same distance. Oh Wait! I get it. You raise the
price of gas, "corn" it down, and sell more gas to make up for the
crappy milage. Then vote themselves a pay raise to cover the extra
costs.  With all the additives, they're getting 100 gals of gas out of
a barrel these days, I guess. There's not much gas in it. (I know
better)

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for EPA standards, rules, low or no
emissions, and clean air. Just base it on good science, and we've about
beat the cars to death, let's go regulate the real offenders.

Alright, I'll listen to you and we can go back to boring again.

Ray

On Jan 5, 2005, at 4:54 PM, John
  wrote:

> I would like to kindly remind the listmembers that the purpose of the
> list
> is to discuss matters DIRECTLY related to our Chrysler 300's. Seems
> that the
> thread which started on octane and? gasoline chemistry has now evolved
> into
> a general argument and discussion re:? air pollution and California
> regulations,? and has strayed from "directly related" to "very directly
> unrelated".? Could those that wish to continue the argument please do
> privately among themselves?
>
> Thank you in advance for your cooperation !
>
> John Hertog
> ECC
> Chrysler 300 Club Int'l Inc.

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go
> tohttp://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> 	? 	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> ?
> 	? 	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ?
> 	? 	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

Give the gift of life to a sick child.