From: "Jonnie" <Jslayton@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 4:13 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 57 300 hemi

> I have a 57 300 that I am working on and I can't get the motor to run. It
most likely hasn't been started since the 70's. The engine is in time,has
good spark, is getting fuel--firing order is correct----points are set
right,new plugs are gaped right----after I was unsuccessful in starting
engine, I had two good Mopar engine guys to check everything and they also
say motor should run-----Compression ='s
90---140---120---110---80---60---60---150----I oiled cylinders,turned motor
over----cleaned plugs-----motor turns fast enough to start-----I put a
jumper on it and ran it fast several times but it acts like it wants to
start----sometimes---but never will. Any suggestions before I tear it
down--Johnnie Slayton

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to