Fall Meet is One Week Away

We have cool, autumn weather on order: warm days and cool nights. A couple
of tidbits for those coming.

1. The motel has a lovely indoor pool for those that wish to swim sometime.

2. The motel is very very friendly to car clubs and car people. They will
have a hose ready to use on the west side of the building about half way
down. There will be a box of towels for use on the cars. Should the box be
running low, let the front desk know and they will have more brought out
immediately! They save towels all year for this purpose so you can leave
your bath towels in your rooms!!!!!

3. The state police are running unmarked Camaros now. The marked patrol
car is a gray Ford with roof-mounted blue lights. They will generally allow
you to run 5 mph over; if they're in a good mood, you can run faster. Speed
limit on interstates out of cities is 65 mph.

4. Louisville runs unmarked Mustangs and Camaros. They also run some
unmarked older cars that were confiscated. (That's mean, isn't it!) They
have a few marked SUVs and I've seen a pick up with police lights but will
not swear that it is a "real" police vehicle. Louisville's marked patrol
cars are white; Jefferson County's are tan. Speed limit on the interstates
in the city is 55 mph; no one drives that except when police are around and
then not always.

5. Southern Indiana has road construction (I-65) and the speed limit is 45
mph. If you are going over 50 mph, the fine is $90 so slow down through
there. You're almost to the motel; why ruin your visit with a ticket?

6. Those coming in on I-71 will run into some spots of construction (mainly
around mile 57 to 48) where they are putting in a new exit for the Kentucky
Speedway. Once more, exercise discretion and remember you are not in a
Toyota. You will stand out like a sore thumb if you're in your Beautiful
Brute!

7. If you are flying in, the motel has a van to pick up you or ask for Bob
or me and we'll come out (if we are around) and get you. We also have two
people helping us (Bill Hunt and Linda Smith) and they will come get you as
well.

Please look us up if you need assistance with anything during your stay in
Louisville. We look forward to everyone coming and want you to have a fun,
safe trip. Drive carefully on your way in -- and on your way home!!!!

300ly
Bob and Elizabeth