Re: [Chrysler300] sluggish engine (392): it's all over now !

Re: [Chrysler300] sluggish engine (392): it's all over now !

Phillipe Makes a good point about the relationship between heat and retarded
timing. I picked up an old Poly 318 truck real cheap because it was
overheating and the guy had even cracked the exhaust manifold. After I got
it home I didn't like the way it idled and was playing with the carb when I
decided to move to the distributor. It was way off and the guy had run it
like that for a long time, eventually destroying the exhaust manifolds. What
I thought would be a junk motor was simply ignition timing. This old 318
runs great now. My 354 has also showed temperature change with timing
changes of less than 4 degrees. I know its not OEM but those electronic
conversions from MPP do make the old ones run better.

Brian