FW: RE: [Chrysler300] sluggish engine (392): it's all over now !

----- Original Message -----

From: Jim
McMullan

To: Philippe COURANT

Sent: 9/17/2001 9:53:32 AM

Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] sluggish engine
(392): it's all over now !

Hi Philippe. Try this. Ground every other spark plug in the firing order.
Start the engine on 4 cylinders. Advance the distributor until engine
quits. Mark a line across the base of the distributor and the engine block.
Retard and restart .Then retard until engine stalls and mark the engine
block from the same line you used the first time .Set the distributor Half way
between the 2 marks on the block.Lock it down.Reconect the spark plugs. Youhave
just tuned the engine to your Altitude and the octane of your fuel.With some
practice you will be able to do this with the engine running on all 8
cylinders.Jim