From: "Jennifer Allyn" <gearhead.girl@xxxx>
To: "Chrysler 300 Club Int'l Listserver" <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] Pinging & Timing
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:24:39 -0700

My 1962 413 (single 4-barrell) is making some good pinging these days. I've
checked the timing, which I have set at the 10-degree mark on the balancer
(as opposed to the 0-degree mark). Under the distributor cap I have one of
those electronic ignition boxes opposed to points. I run the highest-octane
gas I can find. Not running any hotter than it usually does.

Any ideas how to make the detonating cease?

Thanks