Re: Oct Hot Rodding

Back in the early '70s I bought a used '68 New Yorker 2-dr hardtop with the HO 375hp 440. I tore up many a "muscle car" with that big brute and saw many a shocked look on the faces of the drivers of those cars. One such event occured when I was at a light on a 3-lane highway and was next to a Mustang and a Camaro that were obviously going to have at it. They paid no attention to me but when the light turned green we all blasted off. The 2 "muscle cars" got a slight jump on me but by the time we got to around 45mph I caught 'em and started pulling away. Talk about looks of surprise! Why a car has to be less than full-size to be considered a "muscle car" is beyond me.

Jerry Browarski