I knew I was gonna get in thouble

Since I joined the club 6 months ago I've figured out that are at least
three de stink groups.There are the purists that want there cars exactly like
they came from the factory.The people that just appreciate the old iron.And the
performance nuts that want theirs to run better and stop better than stock.When
Chrysler decided to build the 300 letter cars they aimed at a specific group
namely the young executives who had come up driving full load flat heads in
little roadsters and coupes. They were tired of getting blown off by
corvettes in there buicks and cads.Much success but a small market! Now the
guest ion is what would they have done to the cars if they had the benefits of
the technology over the last 40+ years? Surly they would have gone with 4 wheel
disks-Mabey with A,B.S. and H.R.D. ignition computer timed would have been
a must.I think if they could have spent the money they would not put the
weight on the axles shaft but on the axle housing .Re full floters.And of
course fuel injection (in its infant icy at the time)would have solved the
inherent problems of the carbs.You people who live in the flat land like the mid
west and even south calif don't under stand what its like to drive 60 miles to
the nearest big city (Stockton) and change 3000 feet in altude.Yes I usually
take a truck.But sometimes it would be nice to dust off the 300! I promise to
keep the F looking stock. And hope theirs room in the club for at least one
nut.Love and respect all of you and what your doing please leave some room for
me .Jim

---

--- macthehammer@xxxx

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.