Re: [Chrysler300] I knew I was gonna get in thouble

Re: [Chrysler300] I knew I was gonna get in thouble

Hey, I love all you modification type people, too,
almost as much as I love having this argument. So
please don't think I'm mad when you read this. Sure,
the 300s would have had the latest technology, but
these things didn't exist for production use,
therefore they are inappropriate for these cars. If
you want a fuel-injected disc brake screamer with
clearcoat paint, go buy a new 'vette. Seriously, they
are amazing cars, and will cost about the same as
really nice F. In the meantime where is your
reverence for history and the people who built these
cars? Isn't it a matter of pride to have one of these
cars running on its original technology. I've driven
my G across the country on breaker point ignition,
climbed the Rockies with crossrams, and descended the
Rockies with center plane brakes, thank you. I think
it's amazing a 40 year-old, largely unrestored car can
do this. Maybe you old coots are sick of working on
points and carbs. I think it's fun. If I don't do it
who will do it in 30 years? I know there are lots of
professional mechanics my age who have never set
points before. What about the people who designed
these cars? I bet they think they did a great job,
and you want to make it "better" by cobbling on a
bunch of parts never intended for that car? Why can't
you people respect these cars for what they are???? If
they're so inadequate in your mind, maybe there's a
better car out there for you. Really. And Mac, if you
can rebuild a turbine, I'm sure you can 12 mpg out of
AFBs. I'm an ex-college boy and self-taught wrench,
and I can. If you guys want to modify a tailfin
Chrysler so bad, why not do it to a Windsor or
something? It's your car you can do what you want,
but I just want you to think about it. There are only
so many Fs to go around.

Cheerfully yours,
Andy