Re: [Chrysler300] I knew I was gonna get in thouble

Re: [Chrysler300] I knew I was gonna get in thouble

Fellows, If you cannot stop and kill yourself(selves), you will not be able
to enjoy your 300. I purchased a 57 C from Kent Hurt in 1989 and he had put
disk brakes on from an 1971( I believe) Imperial. I can lock up the front
tires at over 140 miles an hour. This car will not only stop, but it will not
fade. I have other 300's and they cannot stop more than once from a hard run.
Then the brake fade will kill you. George Riehl indicated to me that he ran
regular brake linings in combo with heavy duty metallic linings, split one
regular, one metallic per drum. He said he could make a stop with his J at
over 140, hard to the wall and not experience any brake fade. I am going to
try this on my Ram K. If it does not work, the disk package goes on! I love
to drive fast and stopping is a prerequisite. The life you save may be your
own! Quentin Smith