Re: [Chrysler300] Spindles, brake conversions

"JONES,DOUG (A-USA,ex3)" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just got of the phone with AAJ Brakes. He is a very small business and is
> expanding his product line as fast as he can. At this time, neither he nor
> I know what the difference between a '62 and a '63-4 kit would be, other
> than that it is probable that the spindles are different due to the Lockheed
> brakes.
>
> He said that he has heard that a '73 - '79 B body master cylinder (dual
> circuit) supposedly will bolt right on to a 'forward look' MoPar. Can
> anybody confirm that this is so?
>
> If one of you has an interchange manual, you can help AAJ and the rest of us
> out by determining which cars have the same spindle as a '62 Dodge 880 (the
> kit he has now) and which have the same spindle as a '63-4 Chrysler. Better
> yet would be a 'spindle roster' from '55 to '65, as this would show the
> total number of kits needed to cover all these cars.
>
> My understanding is that AAJ kits are non-destructive and the car can be
> converted back to stock if this is desired later on. That would suit me
> fine, as I would rather not do anything that cannot be undone.
>
> 300ly,
> Doug

ok here is the info in my interchange; 50-65 years only listed;

ALL 57 should match FULL size 58-62 Chryslers excluding Windsor &
Newport
63-64 are listed as different.
65 diff from rest, both drum and disk
According to this source you are limited to CHRYSLER ONLY,
none of the Dodge, Plymouth work, ONLY Desoto 57-61 would interchange
depending on application

BUT They ALL use the same inner and outer bearings

So I think there is probably differences in spindle length and how
the various parts bolt on. So I would infer that a side-by-side eyeball
inspection would have to occur.
I do have a spare 57 spindle sitting around.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6