Re: [Chrysler300] Downhill Subject

1) The rod cap bolts stretching would be from the engine over revving, not
compression braking.
2) Most dragsters running an automatic today have the sprags removed, thus,
no engine braking occurs.

Damage occurs when the car has been allowed to exceed the safe speed of the
next lower gear and the inexperienced driver throws it down a gear to save
himself from other previous bad decision making processes. Our next topic to
avoid discussing disc brakes could be the effect of a high stall converter on
engine braking!!! May I recommend a parachute?