re: (Chrysler 300) Brake Drums

Hello to all,

I have a 67 Chrysler 300 that has 11x3 brake drums, rather than the standard 11x2 1/2, and had to replace my drums. I paid $110 each plus shipping. They came without the hub. My local machine shop (in Saint Louis, MO) pressed the studs out, which is what really holds the hub to the drum, and pressed my hubs into the new drums. The drums were then turned and they worked just fine. The only problem was the shoulders of the new replacement studs weren't as long as the old ones, which means that the shoulders didn't come all the way through the drum, but they were long enough to hold the drum to the hub. He said that once the wheel and lug nuts were put on, the assembly would stay in place, which it does. He stated that the studs with the longer shoulders were not available. Everything that was stated in reference to "drums" is on target, I have been through it and it worked. By the way, the total machine shop charge for doing each front drum was approximately $25.00 each.
Paul