Springs - more

Hi, all

I don't know if this will help anyone.. when I order springs from Detroit -
Eaton thru George Riehl,
I always ask George to order me a set of springs with a higher spring rate
than original. One step heavier-duty than stock. This has worked out very
nicely for me with the last two sets, one on a 300F and one on a 300G.
The difference in ride is not noticeable to me. It allows me to carry a
little more "junk" in the trunk. I feel the car is maybe a little stiffer,
but not alarmingly or objectionably so. I feel the cars corner better,
handle better, and perhaps these springs won't "sag" as quick either over a
few years.

On my 300L, George ordered me some extra-extra-extra-extra heavy duty
springs, since I planned on using the car for pulling a car trailer. Which
it has done very happily for the past 3 years and 30,000 miles. I wanted to
be able to place quite a bit of tongue weight on the trailer and not have
the rear bumper scrape the ground. That worked out better than I expected.
And, the ride is very pleasant, loaded or unloaded. !

On all these cars, the ride height is perfect.

John