Re: [Chrysler300] more on modifications

I put a lot of miles on cummins diesel truck engines over the years and they always preached to me"never exceed one thousand rpm unless it is pulling a load or it's running on the jake brake". I always figured that was sound advice and never revved any engine up without a load.Caterpillar truck engines with retarders, however, are routinely run up to governed rpm going downhill without any ill effects . I don't know what the difference is, maybe they're tougher, somehow.
Mike, in Idaho