From: Jim McMullan [mailto:macthehammer@xxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 11:34 AM
To: Chrysler300
Subject: [Chrysler300] this may cause some yelling and screaming

HI club. I was taught that when you first fired up a fresh engine you had
to hold the throttle wide open for the first 30 seconds or so.This was done
get oil to the cam.Failure to do so could wipe the lobes (one or more ) off
the
cam.But I go back to flat head Fords and before Parkising! Its hard to make
yourself do it but I've never had a failure on start up.I also rub
Molybdenum Disulfide on the cam when I install it.I think it helps but have
no
proof. Jim

---

--- macthehammer@xxxx