From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxx>
To: Chrysler 300 Club Listverver <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] Reminder - listserver rules
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:20:18 -0500
From sentto-3732744-722-1006662116-laurence_g_johnson Sat, 24 Nov 2001
20:24:16 -0800

Hi to all,

Time for the usual reminder. What our ( i.e. the Club's ) listserver is all about and what it's to be used for... and NOT used for.

WHAT THE LISTSERVER IS FOR :
Any exchange of information pertaining DIRECTLY to Chrysler 300's .
- Technical information that relates directly to Chrysler 300's ( not Plymouth cars, not Chrysler Newports, no Dodge Ram pickups, no Hemi Chargers, and no Subaru's...).
- Restoration tips and techniques that apply directly to Chrysler 300's.
- Parts for sale, or parts wanted, for Chrysler 300's ONLY.
- Cars for sale, or cars wanted . Chrysler 300's only, with only exception being related parts cars such as New Yorker, Saratoga, Windsor, etc .
- Feedback regarding vendors and suppliers of Chrysler 300 parts and cars and related services.
- Meet information
`
OK, get the idea? IT HAS TO RELATE TO CHRYSLER 300's. PERIOD.

WHAT THE LISTSERVER IS NOT FOR:
- Any of the above that does NOT relate to Chrysler 300's.
- Chit-chat, discussions, arguments, and the like. .
- Political statements, jokes, current events, car stuff unrelated to Chrysler 300's, etc.
PLEASE DO THAT ON YOUR OWN, ONE-ON-ONE, or start your own listserver and make your own rules.

That said, Galen Govier, be he a GOOD man or a BAD man, has absolutely nothing to do with Chrysler 300's - and this by his own admission. Our cars are outside his area of expertise. Therefore, why are our members arguing about him ???? Why have there been over ten e-mails on this topic going though our listserver ???

"Flaming" : (vindictive and argumentative communications between members) is NOT in keeping with the general character of our car Club, and is definitely NOT welcome on this listserver. If you want to pick a fight with someone, go do it somewhere else. Or flame each other PRIVATELY if you must. We will not tolerate that kind of behavior, period.

The majority of our 373 on-line members have indicated that they agree with the current Club policy of restricting listserver e-mails to PERTINENT and NECESSARY communications between members. It's what works best for the majority. That's the rule, like it or leave it.

So let's get back to our business - the restoration, preservation and enjoyment of our beloved 300's, and enjoy the holiday season in peace and friendship.

300'ly

John