Title re-construction - how?

Good morning. I wondered if anyone has gone through the exercise of having a title reconstructed for a car retrieved from a junkyard?
If so, how much of a hassle is it? - and are these "new" titles easily transferred when later selling to another state?

Thanks & have a great (and warm!) weekend.
Mike V