Re: [Chrysler300] Battery storage question

Re: [Chrysler300] Battery storage question

I think it's all a crapshoot. This fall I pulled a
group 27 Interstate battery out of my G and replaced
it for preventative maintenance. I put the old one in
my '61 New Yorker driver. Since this winter has been
mild, I'm still driving the NYer. In March, this
battery will be 9 years old(!), and it's cranking the
NYer over in sub-freezing temps. I've never put
anything but tap water in it and never pulled it out
of the car in winter. I don't remember it ever being
dead.

I'm not advocating this type of battery care. I admit
I brought the new G battery inside for the winter...