Re: [Chrysler300] 300 F Wheel Covers

Terry,

After an unsuccessful try at painting my G covers last year, I strongly
recommend removing the paint, priming and then re-paint. My difficulty
came from the Amorall and other silicones that had been used on the
tires. This sprayed, spread and dripped onto the covers. The problem did
not show up during my primer stage, only after color was applied. The
fish eyes were VERY bad.

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

>>> <pennsy300@xxxx> 01/14/02 07:05PM >>>
I'm "refreshing" the wheelcovers on my 300 F, using the Club's new
plastic
medallions. I have successfully disassembled the covers, and I have
the
correct red paint for the center of the wheelcovers. Does anyone out
there
have any experience with painting these items? Should I use a primer
to aid
in paint adhesion? Should I roughen up the remnents of the existing
red
paint? Anything else? Thanks. Terry McTaggart