FW: Can 2 '62's Be Wrong?

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Allyn [mailto:mallyn@xxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 11:26 AM
To: Jennifer Allyn
Subject: Can 2 '62's Be Wrong?

Can you forward the following question to the 300 club?

Picture this:
I decide to remove the A/C clutch from our '62 300 the other day & actually
read the service manual on the correct way to remove it. I run to the
hardware store, buy the 5/8 x 2 1/2" cap screw the manual calls for & try to
screw it into the clutch. No dice, way too big. So I go back to the
hardware store & buy a 1/2 x 2 1/2" cap screw. No dice, too small.

I then decide to go to our '62 NY wagon. Same clutch, with the same
diameter threads that neither cap screw wants to screw into.

So...
*	Am I a moron?
*	Is the service manual wrong?
*	Is there another option to popping the magnetic clutch off?
*	Do I try to be even more persistent and make the 5/8 cap screw go into the
clutch?

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Matt Allyn