Re: [Chrysler300] hemi oil pressure relief valve

Re: [Chrysler300] hemi oil pressure relief valve

The valve your referring to is not the relief valve, but is an anti drainback
check valve. By plugging this portion of the passage you put all of the oil
thru the filter (full flow) rather than bypassing a small portion of it.
There were several reasons for doing this in the older engines, but with
todays oils you will get better performance if you plug this passage. Power
Play can help you out with this. I use a stock oil pump with spin on oil
filter and it has oil pressure as soon as the engine cranks over.

Brian