Manifold Heat Control Valve

Folks --

What's the impact of the lack of manifold heat control valves or heat risers
I believed there called. My G has the valve shafts cut off to the manifold and
obviously missing the associated left and right thermostats and hardware.

I have also seen this on several other older cars over the years. In my case
I have noticed the engine takes several minutes to warm up - result of the valves
missing?

Are there other issues to consider? Haven't looked into yet -- these valves
available to re-install?

Regards --
Myles
http://www.nauticom.net