parts

Greetings, listserver choir. i would like to know what luck you have had
finding two parts, both for my E.

heater control tubes and connector, #1886 356. have replaced heater control
switch (which was acting like a leaky inner tube), and, although i clearly
have the right part (#'s and eyeballing and careful measurements all agree),
the old connector will not stay connected. anyone else have this experience?
any suggested fixes? and, has anyone found this part?

need a manifold to head gasket set, tiny leak on one bank, looks like someone
a long time ago installed that gasket backward, then cranked it down hard.
sounded fine til last week. are these still available?

let me know -- and thanks. good to have the E out and about again, regularly.

David Rust