'65 727 trans.

Hello again group,

Just got my 727 for my '65 back from the tranny shop today and I'm about to detail it. Unfortunately the shop didn't realize I wanted the case to remain bare and unpainted and shot the whole darn thing with black engine enamel. That was a real bear to get off!! Anyway, looks like I'll be painting the case again myself to hide the stains and make it look new. (This time with an aluminum color)

What color if any was the trans pan originally painted? Were they just bare steel? The only paint I could find on the trans upon it's removal were two paint blotches on the top of the case. I assume the engines were painted prior to being mated to the transmission so there shouldn't be any overspray of engine color on the transmission, correct? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance, Ryan.