Re: [Chrysler300] 64 camshaft help, please

Re: [Chrysler300] 64 camshaft help, please

ryan;
know just what you mean about the right person, but it was deeper
than that this time. my friend ron and i [i was in nj at his place, on
vacation] both saw it picking the wrong valves at crankin speed and you
could see the scars later on the sides and edjes of the cam lobes and
the lifters from the ajacent [wrong] lobe lifting right on the edje of
the lifter, improper lobe location. it appeared to me as if a 3 bolt
timing gear cam blank had been used and ground into a 1 bolt cam,
registering off the very front of the cam. at any rate; he let them know
that he was a police sergeant and did a weekly 1/2 hr radio talk show on
cars [among other things] and i wrote and threatened just exactly this
action and believe me, we got their attention, it didnt change the
outcome, they just dont care, i suppose that they figure [aparrently
correctly] that it wont make any difference.. it would seem that they
are correct, ron and i will never again buy anything comp, but that is
about all the effect the situation will have. nobody will believe us,
and/or will figure we dont know what we are talking about and we did
something wrong; and thats exactly what happens.. its a bit
frustrating!!
thanks for the considerate reply, your points are correct and
well taken, i just think we are all making some erroneous assumptions,
namely that they care about one customer, they really dont.

JEFF
tucson az.