Re: [Chrysler300] Tires

pennsy300@xxxx wrote:

I received my new 235-75R 14 wide whitewall tires a few days ago and had them mounted on my F coupe, replacing the 900 x 14 B. F. Goodrich Silvertowns bias tires (from Coker) that were previously on the car. The difference was dramatic and all positive. With the old tires, any corner was accompanied by much noise and a feeling that I was driving on ice, and the car seemed to follow the paint lines on the road. The new tires restored the performance my car is supposed to have. There was some discussion at the Newport meet concerning the radial tire's size, compared to the original. Below is a comparison of some parameters of the radials, my old 900 x 14, and, thanks to Vice President Jack Wiltse, the car's original 900 x 14 Goodyear Blue Streaks.

Whitewall Width Tread Width Overall Dia.

Blue Streaks 2 1/2 in. 5 1/2 in. 28 in.
900 x 14

235-75R 14 2 1/2 in. 6 in. 28 in.
Radials

B. F. Goodrich 2 1/8 in. 5 1/8 in. 28.68 in.
900 x 14