Re: [Chrysler300] Engine Paint

George, I just finished restoring my '65 383 a couple weeks ago and used VHT engine paint in aerosol cans (SP-126 Early Chrysler Blue). They call it blue but it is turqoise. I have used the Mopar Performance paint in Hemi orange before and found it to be a close match to the original but it was quite costly. I chose VHT this time mainly because it's more readily available but it closely matches the original color of my engine and I've always had good luck with VHT paint. (It sprays well and has good coverage as well as being durable)

When it comes to painting anything you have to realize that there can be variances in color between batches even now with all the mixing technology we have. When our cars were new, there were most definitely variances in color from one engine to another depending on where and when they were painted. My theory is that being close is as acurate as you will ever get. If you use the vehicle, the paint will fade and dull somewhat anyway just as the factory paint did. If mine dulls in time it should prove to be very close to a flake of paint I scraped off my oil pan so I'm happy with the results.

Good Luck.