Re: [Chrysler300] Engine Paint

The Mopar performance turquoise engine paint is a good match to the original (and from can-to-can), and holds up pretty well. I bought mine from a local Dodge dealer who had a display at the all-Mopar show held each year at Moroso Motorsports Park - BTW, this years' show is Sunday, September 15, a week away.
Regards,
John Spiers

News4ge@xxxx wrote:
Some time ago, someone asked about the correct color of engine paint for 1962
and up. Plasticote Chrysler green and POR15 Chrysler turquoise were
mentioned. While going through a Summit catalog yesterday, I saw engine
paint in Chrysler turquoise for 62-71 big blocks, from Mopar Performance.
It's said to be the right color for these engines. It's available for $5.95
a can from Summit. I'll probably try some of this. The other brands don't
seem to be reliable for color purposes. The POR15 paint chips vary greatly
from one of their catalogs to the next, and the 2 cans of Plasticote I have
from way back don't match each other, either the plastic tops or the paint
itself (same name & number on the cans). I'm painting engine parts now, and
don't want to have mismatches in color when the whole thing is put back
together.
I hope this can help someone else out there.

George Clineman

P.S. Has anyone tried the Mopar paint?

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT