radio conversions

Hi Roger,

Yes, I possibly would agree with that, except that, so far, XM technology is
too new ( I have never even been in a car that has XM...) and I doubt that
any of the outfits that do conversions are close to offering that option. I
thought long and hard about what to do about tunes in my two 300G's, I
really like good music and a good system.... but I did not want to put
anything in the car that did not look 100% factory stock. Sure, I guess one
could stuff a modern unit in the glovebox or something, or make some kind of
a removable "box" with a multi-plug that can be taken out for shows and
such... but I decided that I wanted the cars to look 100% stock even with
me sitting alone in the car - a decision I have not regretted. I had the
original speakers reconed, and it turns out that the AM-FM conversion sounds
better through the original speakers than it does with modern, two or three
way expensive 6 X 9's ! There is absolutely no trace of the conversion
anywhere, even the signal-seeking function works as a normal one did. The
conversions are not cheap - $400 something bucks, if I remember correctly.
Perhaps someday they will offer FM and XM conversions...

John