Re: [Chrysler300] Lifts Again

> This is correct. I have seen the asymetrical
lifts demoed with the lifts just assembeled
and NOT bolted down. I would not want to
swing from the back bumper, but they are well
balanced and have big footprints to spread the
weight.
They require very little if anything beyond a
standard rebar pour for attachment. When we
converted a OLD warehouse to a shop, we put
in 12 new twin post lifts by just drilling into the
floor and installing sleeves for the bolts to
expand. There were no "desiginated spots" for
the lifts to sit on and be attached.
Ray Jones

> More likely he meant "hi strength" concrete,
5000 psi or so. I believe that Autolifters
specifies at least a 6" thick pad about 3' - 4'
square for each post to evenly distribute the
load.
wrote:Lawrence Jr said:

> <Since only 2 posts support the weight of
the lift & car, a hi-pressure concrete floor is
> a must>
>
> I'm not sure where you heard this, but it
simply is not true. My lift is installed on a
standard 4"-5" (approx) slab with rebar, and I
have no cracks or damage to the concrete
after 12 years of use. I spoke with the mfr
before I poured the slab and there was no
mention of "hi-pressure" concrete. The
footpads are good size and distribute the load
well.

> Bob J
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have
been removed]

> To send a message to this group, send an
email to:
> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to
http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.