Re: [Chrysler300] Lifts Again

Agreed, - as long as the load is distributed properly, there would be no
need for "special" concrete. The "disclaimer" here is "as long as the load
is distributed properly".
That can be a bit "tricky" with two posters, - especially the assemetrical
lifts.
I have three "two post" lifts in the shop. One is "assemetrical", the other
two are not. It is a little easier to "judge" just where the center of
gravity is on a vehicle when using the "regular" lifts. With the
assemetrical, you pretty much have to go by the guidlines on the sticker(s)
and hope for the best. Still makes me nervous at times with larger cars &
"light" trucks.
If all I ever worked on were large RWD vehicles, I doubt if I would have
*any* "two post" lifts. They are best left to the FWD lightweight
buzz-boxes.
If they are mounted in sub-standard concrete, and large/heavy vehicles are
put on them regularly, they *will* loosen up in the floor unless you are
lucky (or good) enough to get the center of gravity right every time.
In fact, a local (LARGE) Ford dealer, upon opening a "new" service
department had 12 two-post lifts installed. No one bothered to check the
"quality" of the concrete, - only the depth. With in a couple of months,
all the lifts had to be removed and a new floor poured, - and I'm sure there
were all kinds/types of vehicles used on them, - not just large & heavy.
Just my .002, - but if I were getting a lift specifically for my large
Chrysler, I would go with the 4-poster and the appropriate "options" to
facilitate "wheel work".

Regards,
DaveG.